Individual Counseling Rates (for insurance-related questions, please see below)
$100 per 45-minute counseling session.
$125 for an initial assessment/counseling appointment.
**As of January 1, 2018, our rates will increase to $150/initial session and $125/follow-up session.
Trauma Recovery Coaching: (not billed through insurance)
Option #1 - Pay As You Go: $225 per 75 minutes by phone, Skype, or in the office.
Option #2 - 4 60-minute sessions for 2 months: $875 by phone, Skype or in the office.
Option #3 - 6 60-minute sessions over 3 months: $995 by phone, Skype or in the office
Add on - Unlimited email support monthly: $150/month. Emails are answered within 24-48 business hours to help support you during those in-between moments.
You may leave a confidential voicemail on our phone. If you call during the daytime hours, we will usually be able to return your call the same day. You can also email us using the contact form under the Contact Us tab.
Do you take insurance?
We have options for our clients. Kevin is currently an in-network provider with many insurance companies. We advise all of our clients to call their insurance companies to check counseling coverage with Kevin as we cannot guarantee coverage or payment as plans sometimes change. Beth is an out-of-netwrok provider except for Aetna insurance but is happy to help you with reimbursement for any out-of-network coverage.
For Beth's counseling clients ONLY:
What does it mean if I want to see Beth for counseling, and she is out-of-network?
This means that payment in full is due at time of service. A fully coded receipt will be provided if you wish to submit to insurance carrier for reimbursement/application toward deductible. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
How long are sessions?
Counseling sessions last 45 minutes unless prior arrangements are made. Appointments must be made in advance.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule/cancellation policy?
We know "life" happens and there may be times when you need to reschedule your appointment. Any request for cancellations or to reschedule your appointment must be provided prior to 48 hours of your appointment to avoid incurring a late fee. We hold these appointment times specifically for you. Therefore, with insufficient notice, we are unable to fill your slot with someone who may be waiting to come in to see us. The current fee for "no shows", cancellations, and rescheduled appointments with less than 48 hours notice is $75.00.
Do you keep what happens during our session confidential?
Confidentiality is imperative in any counseling relationship. We protect your privacy and value your privacy in the highest regard. There are times, under law, are required to break confidentiality. These will be discussed with you during your first session, but encompass: if in our clinical judgment you pose a threat to harm yourself, another person, or another's property and refuse appropriate treatment, we will notify the proper authorities; if a threat is made towards another party we are also required to inform them of this threat; any suspicion of child abuse or neglect is reported to the State of NJ; and any court subpoena for your records.
Will you assist me in legal issues?
We believe for counseling to most effective, where you are not concerned with what may or may not come out in legal proceedings, and because it can hamper the therapeutic relationship in our opinion, we do not get involved in any legal proceedings.
When working with us, you will be asked to agree and abide by the following:
• That our role is limited to providing treatment and that you will not involve us in any legal dispute;
• That you will instruct your attorneys not to subpoena us or refer in any court filings to anything we have said or done;
• That you will not ask for our participation or recommendations in an adoption home study or dependency hearing, personal injury lawsuit, or similar legal cases;
• If there is a court-appointed evaluator in your child’s custody or dependency dispute, and if appropriate releases are signed and a court order is provided, we will provide general information about the child which will not include recommendations concerning custody, custody arrangements, or visitation;
• If, for any reason, we are required to provide expert testimony or documentation for a legal dispute, adoption proceeding or dependency case, or to appear as a witness, the party responsible for our participation agrees to reimburse the practice at the rate of $250 per hourfor time spent traveling, preparing reports and correspondence, testifying, being in attendance, and any other case-related costs such as meals, missed appointments in the office, etc in addition to the $250 per hour. .
What should I expect on my first visit?
We recommend you arrive early if you need to complete your paperwork (we will email you the necessary forms ahead of your appointment, if you prefer). We will start by reviewing the paperwork, followed by an explanation of what you can expect, and we will have an open, relaxed conversation regarding your concerns and issues moving forward. We will discuss the plan for your goals and what your recommended schedule will be moving forward. You will find our work while direct, is free-flowing, relaxed and centered around what your primary concern is during any session we hold.
© 2016 Marin Integrative Therapy, LLC
All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the owner. For permission requests, contact us in the link provided.