You may leave a confidential voicemail on our phone. If you call during the daytime hours, we do our best to return your call the same day. You can also email us using the contact form under the Contact Us tab.
Do you take insurance?
Kevin is currently an in-network provider with many insurance companies and will bill them directly. Please see Kevin's profile for a list of those plans.
Due to the transpersonal nature of her work, and in order to remain flexible to your needs, and making your own decisions as to what approach you feel is best for you, Beth is an out-of-network provider (except for Aetna insurance). She is happy to help you with reimbursement directly through your insurance company for any services your plan includes.
What should I expect on my first visit?
We will email you the necessary forms ahead of your appointment, or we recommend you arrive early if you need to complete your paperwork in the office, if you prefer. We will start by reviewing the paperwork, followed by an explanation of what you can expect, and we will have an open, relaxed conversation regarding your concerns and issues moving forward. We will discuss the plan for your goals and what your recommended schedule will be moving forward. You will find our work while direct, is free-flowing, relaxed and centered around what your primary concern is during any session we hold.
How long are sessions?
Counseling sessions last 45 minutes unless prior arrangements are made. Appointments must be made in advance.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule/cancellation policy?
We know "life" happens and there may be times when you need to reschedule your appointment. Any request for cancellations, or to reschedule your appointment, must be provided prior to 48 hours of your appointment to avoid paying the full session fee. We hold these appointment times specifically for you. Therefore, with insufficient notice, we are unable to fill your slot with someone who may be waiting to come in to see us, and without being able to be reimbursed for our time, we cannot sustain our business and be here. The current fee for "no shows", cancellations, and rescheduled appointments with less than 48 hours notice is the full session fee.
Do you keep what happens during our session confidential?
Confidentiality is imperative in any counseling relationship. We protect your privacy and value your privacy in the highest regard. There are times, under law, are required to break confidentiality. These will be discussed with you during your first session, but encompass: if in our clinical judgment you pose a threat to harm yourself, another person, or another's property and refuse appropriate treatment, we will notify the proper authorities; if a threat is made towards another party we are also required to inform them of this threat; any suspicion of child abuse or neglect is reported to the State of NJ; and any court subpoena for your records.
Will you assist me in legal issues?
We believe for counseling to most effective, where you are not concerned with what may or may not come out in legal proceedings, and because it can hamper the therapeutic relationship in our opinion, we do not get involved in any legal proceedings.
When working with us, you will be asked to agree and abide by the following:
• That our role is limited to providing treatment and that you will not involve us in any legal dispute;
• That you will instruct your attorneys not to subpoena us or refer in any court filings to anything we have said or done;
• That you will not ask for our participation or recommendations in an adoption home study or dependency hearing, personal injury lawsuit, or similar legal cases;
• If there is a court-appointed evaluator in your child’s custody or dependency dispute, and if appropriate releases are signed and a court order is provided, we will provide general information about the child which will not include recommendations concerning custody, custody arrangements, or visitation;
• If, for any reason, we are required to provide expert testimony or documentation for a legal dispute, adoption proceeding or dependency case, or to appear as a witness, the party responsible for our participation agrees to reimburse the practice at the rate of $250 per hour for time spent traveling, preparing reports and correspondence, testifying, being in attendance, and any other case-related costs such as meals, missed appointments in the office, etc in addition to the $250 per hour.