Individual Counseling at Marin
In our practice, we have found that a compassionate, empathetic approach utilizing various therapeutic modalities is a necessity when providing counseling. A significant aspect to counseling is that to be truly effective, a person must feel comfortable with their therapist and build considerable trust to help facilitate their healing. Our goal is to find the best approach that works for you maximizing the benefit you will receive in counseling.
We have extensive experience, including certification in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, helping people who suffer from depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, grief and loss, difficult life transitions as well as many others. We work solely with individuals-adults and seniors.
We believe since individuals and their experiences are unique, we will work with you to find the treatment modality that best suits you. We look forward to working with you.
THE BENEFITS OF COUNSELING:
· A sense of happiness and direction
· Freedom from self-limiting beliefs
· More satisfaction in relationships
· Increased awareness of impediments to your growth
· Developing insights and tools to maximize your strengths
· Setting and obtaining realistic goals
· Reduced need to self-medicate
· A different, healthier perspective on people
· Freeing yourself of untold secrets (we have heard many of them)
· You don't have to do it alone
· Better preparation for the future challenges
WHAT HAPPENS IN A COUNSELING SESSION?
We are people just like you. The only difference is our education and training help us, help you. When you come in for your appointment, we will discuss whatever feelings, thoughts, experiences, and concerns you have. In our weekly sessions, we meet one-on-one in a relaxed setting and talk about what concerns you most.
Part of counseling includes processing feelings, thoughts and memories that may be unpleasant at times. Although none of us likes to feel things such as sadness, anger, etc., it is a necessary part of healing in the release of these feelings and experiences. This way they can stop haunting you.
At the end of every session, we always make sure you have skills to utilize in between sessions and we build upon those skills each time we meet. You will leave with whatever was discussed sealed up and with the tools you need to live more comfortably. As counseling continues, you will build those skills and tools growing better suited to meet life's challenges.
If you need a boost between sessions, we do check our messages and are available to help you. As you progress, you will feel more confident in between sessions.
Counseling means holding a safe space for you. We do so without judgment but with acceptance.
ARE WE A GOOD MATCH FOR YOU?
· You have been trying to work on yourself but need more help
· You have experienced trauma, loss, or are having symptoms making your life uncomfortable
· You are willing to do your end of the work so you can truly transform your life