Do you have an intention box? If not, an intention box is a very easyto use to help in working towards your goals and desires. Sometimes in counseling we use journaling, but we can also use intention boxes. It helps keep us focused and also aids in helping us stay positive, grateful and directed during the process of reaching for our dreams. It can help bring about the change you seek whether in or outside of counseling.
I fill mine not only with my intention slips but also seashells, dried flowers, and anything else I feel guided to use. It's like a box of dreams written as though they've already come true!
I want to share with you step-by-step directions on how you can make your very own intention box. So, are you ready to create more of what you want in YOUR LIFE? Here we go:
- Find a special wooden box, crystal or ceramic bowl with a lid, or you can even use a shoe box. Just let your heart guide you to what feels right.
- Your intention is the MOST IMPORTANT part of this whole process. Some people like to use photos or cut out pictures from magazines or even ones they found online that reflect what feels loving and positive to them.
- On separate pieces of paper, write each intention on their own slip of paper. The key is to write the intention AS IF IT ALREADY HAPPENED. So, for example, instead of, "I would like to be able to pay my bills more easily" - write: "My bills are paid and financial abundance comes to me easily".
- Include on your slips a statement of GRATITUDE.
- Use your intuition to guide you on what feels right. There is no right or wrong or rules.
Now sit with your beautiful box (some people also like to decorate the outside of the box...again, use your own intuition and what feels good to you), and hold your box between your hands. Send your box your strong intention that whatever is in the box will come along with much gratitude from your heart.
Keep your intentions positive, loving, upbeat! You can visit with your box everyday or a few times a week and sit with your box for 5-10 minutes re-sending your intention and gratitude.
That's it! Simple!